1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We need to collect information about you in connection with your access or use of our website. You may also choose to voluntarily provide information to us.
a. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us when you sign up for a Global Optics membership, communicate with us, or otherwise use or access our website, including:
- Identification information. Your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Other information you provide. Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including survey responses, suggestions for improvements, etc.
b. Information We Collect from Your Use of our Website
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the website, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect may include:
- Device information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our website.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. Information about how you use and interact with our website, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, features you use, and the date and time of your visit to or use of the website.
2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Besides collecting information directly from you and from how you use our website, we also collect information about you from other sources, including:
- Identity verification. Information from third parties and publicly available sources.
- Credit, compliance, and fraud. Information about you from third parties in connection with any credit investigation, credit eligibility, identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment, financial institutions, and personal reporting agencies.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect, use and share information about you for the following reasons:
a. Providing and Improving the Website and the Membership
- Displaying your historical transaction information;
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our website;
- Delivering the information and support you request, including invoices;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our website;
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our website; and
- Otherwise providing you with the features you choose to use.
b. Communicating With You
- Sending you surveys and getting your feedback about our website; and
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us.
c. Protecting our Website and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
- Conducting investigations, complying with and enforcing any applicable laws, regulations, legal requirements, and industry standards, and responding to lawful requests for information from the government or to valid legal process;
- Contacting you to resolve disputes and help you with our website;
- Debugging to identify and fix errors that impair how our website functions;
- Investigating, detecting, preventing, recovering from, or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, or other potentially prohibited, malicious, or illegal activities;
- Protecting our (or your) rights or property, or the security or integrity of our website;
- Verifying or maintaining the quality and safety of our website; and
- Verifying your identity.
d. Advertising and Marketing
- Marketing of our website; and
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners.
e. Other Uses
For any other reason we may tell you about from time to time.
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information described in Section 2, Information We Collect About You, with the following categories of service providers and third parties:
a. With Our Service Providers
With service providers who help us to provide, maintain, and improve our website, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., vendors who help us with fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services).
b. With Advertising Companies
With advertising companies that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities on our behalf.
c. Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
If we do or try to do a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring (including during due diligence and negotiation of these), the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, the financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business, or other corporate change.
d. Safety and Compliance with Law
If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (iii) to enforce or comply with other applicable agreements or policies; (iv) to protect our or our customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our website; (v) for an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vi) to protect us, users of our website, or the public from harm, fraud, or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
e. With Your Consent
With your consent. For example: (i) at your direction or as described at the time you agree to share; or (ii) when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your information.
f. With Others
g. Aggregated and Anonymized Information
We also may share aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our website with service providers or other third parties.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES
When you interact with our website, we obtain certain information using automated technologies, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is a tiny graphic image that may be used in our website or emails.
We use these automated technologies to collect your device information, internet activity information, and inferences as described above. These technologies help us to:
- Remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it;
- Track and understand how you use and interact with our online services and emails;
- Tailor our online services to your preferences;
- Measure how useful and effective our services and communications are to you; and
- Otherwise manage and enhance our products and services.
We set some of these automated technologies ourselves, but others are set by third parties who deliver services on our behalf. For example, we may use other companies’ web analytics services (described in the Section 6, Third-Party Analytics), which use automated technologies to help us evaluate how customers use our website.
Your browser can alert you when cookies are placed on your device, and how you can stop or disable them via your browser settings. Please note, however, that without cookies the features of our website may not all work properly. If you use a mobile device, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by changing the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
6. THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS
We may use third-party analytics service providers to help us with our online services, such as Google Analytics and Facebook. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze how you use our online services. We may disclose your site-use information (including IP address) to these analytics providers, and other service providers who use the information to help us figure out how you and others use our online services.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We generally keep your information for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our website, to assist with investigations, to enforce any other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
8. YOUR CHOICES
a. Personal Information
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by making a request to us using the contact details below. We may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
b. Do Not Track
Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to website you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. At this time, our website is not designed to respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms from browsers.
c. Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Global Optics by following the instructions in those messages. If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications.
9 CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is not intended to be accessed or used by children under the age of 13. If we learn that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
10. HOW WE SECURE INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, and misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information.
11. STORAGE AND PROCESSING
We may use third-party service providers in the United States and other countries to store and process your information.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US
Global Optics, Inc.
1255 Ontario Road, Suite A
Green Bay, WI 54311